To what lengths would you go to clean your engine?

--=====================_152181325==.ALT

Maintenance is the most important thing once it's cleaned.... I try to
clean the motor and engine bay every other week when I wash the car. some
times more often if I drive a lot. I try to do a little bit with every wash
but that all depends on how much time I have.

-Raffi

At 06:52 PM 5/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Purple power is good and also Gum out steam cleaner stuff... I realize the
>motor is not in the car so running it for 5 minutes is not an option....
>Buy a good wheel brush and have a few smaller brushes like old tooth
>brushes around for the small spots.
>
>Seal all open orifices so you don't get water in places you shouldn't have
>it... work the stuff in and let it penetrate... brush a lot and repeat a
>few times.
>
>And for the record it really is that dirty  ;-)
>Glad your joining the clean team!
>
>-Raffi
>

>Oven cleaner is not plastic friendly if I remember either.
>
>At 09:23 PM 5/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>>Recently, as I've had my 2L 16v out for some time, I've taken a good
>>ribbing as to how dirty the engine was. (And, in my defense, it wasn't
>>that dirty, but I can also appreciate the looks of a spic&span engine bay).
>>
>>Now, the re-install looms and I'm faced with this miserable task. I'm
>>subconsciously looking for any reason to not do it, any shortcut that'll
>>make it easier, when I know I really should take the belts, pulleys,
>>tensioner, lower timing belt cover off and dig in. But did I mention that
>>I'm LAZY?
>>
>>[/end 5-beer whine]
>>
>>thx 4 listening!  :D   ND talley-ho!
>>
>>JT
>>

>>Do you Yahoo!?
>><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/search/mailsig/*http://search.yahoo.com>The New
>>Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

--=====================_152181325==.ALT

Maintenance is the most important thing once it's cleaned.... I try to
clean the motor and engine bay every other week when I wash the car. some
times more often if I drive a lot. I try to do a little bit with every
wash but that all depends on how much time I have. <br><br>
-Raffi<br><br>
At 06:52 PM 5/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
out steam cleaner stuff... I realize the motor is not in the car so
running it for 5 minutes is not an option.... Buy a good wheel brush and
have a few smaller brushes like old tooth brushes around for the small
spots. <br><br>
Seal all open orifices so you don't get water in places you shouldn't
have it... work the stuff in and let it penetrate... brush a lot and
repeat a few times. <br><br>
And for the record it really is that dirty&nbsp; ;-) <br>
Glad your joining the clean team!<br><br>
-Raffi<br><br>
Oven cleaner is not plastic friendly if I remember either. <br><br>
At 09:23 PM 5/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
for some time, I've taken a good ribbing as to how dirty the engine was.
(And, in my defense, it wasn't <i>that</i> dirty, but I can also
appreciate the looks of a spic&amp;span engine bay).<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Now, the re-install looms and I'm faced with this miserable task. I'm
subconsciously looking for any reason to not do it, any shortcut that'll
make it easier, when I know I really should take the belts, pulleys,
tensioner, lower timing belt cover off and dig in. But did I mention that
I'm LAZY?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
[/end 5-beer whine]<br>
&nbsp;<br>
thx 4 listening!&nbsp; :D&nbsp;&nbsp; ND talley-ho!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
JT<br><br>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
New Yahoo! Search</a> - Faster. Easier. Bingo.