To what lengths would you go to clean your engine?

--=====================_151574112==.ALT

Purple power is good and also Gum out steam cleaner stuff... I realize the
motor is not in the car so running it for 5 minutes is not an option....
Buy a good wheel brush and have a few smaller brushes like old tooth
brushes around for the small spots.

Seal all open orifices so you don't get water in places you shouldn't have
it... work the stuff in and let it penetrate... brush a lot and repeat a
few times.

And for the record it really is that dirty  ;-)
Glad your joining the clean team!

-Raffi

Oven cleaner is not plastic friendly if I remember either.

At 09:23 PM 5/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Recently, as I've had my 2L 16v out for some time, I've taken a good
>ribbing as to how dirty the engine was. (And, in my defense, it wasn't
>that dirty, but I can also appreciate the looks of a spic&span engine bay).
>
>Now, the re-install looms and I'm faced with this miserable task. I'm
>subconsciously looking for any reason to not do it, any shortcut that'll
>make it easier, when I know I really should take the belts, pulleys,
>tensioner, lower timing belt cover off and dig in. But did I mention that
>I'm LAZY?
>
>[/end 5-beer whine]
>
>thx 4 listening!  :D   ND talley-ho!
>
>JT
>

>Do you Yahoo!?
><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/search/mailsig/*http://search.yahoo.com>The New
>Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

--=====================_151574112==.ALT

Purple power is good and also Gum out steam cleaner stuff... I realize
the motor is not in the car so running it for 5 minutes is not an
option.... Buy a good wheel brush and have a few smaller brushes like old
tooth brushes around for the small spots. <br><br>
Seal all open orifices so you don't get water in places you shouldn't
have it... work the stuff in and let it penetrate... brush a lot and
repeat a few times. <br><br>
And for the record it really is that dirty&nbsp; ;-) <br>
Glad your joining the clean team!<br><br>
-Raffi<br><br>
Oven cleaner is not plastic friendly if I remember either. <br><br>
At 09:23 PM 5/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
for some time, I've taken a good ribbing as to how dirty the engine was.
(And, in my defense, it wasn't <i>that</i> dirty, but I can also
appreciate the looks of a spic&amp;span engine bay).<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Now, the re-install looms and I'm faced with this miserable task. I'm
subconsciously looking for any reason to not do it, any shortcut that'll
make it easier, when I know I really should take the belts, pulleys,
tensioner, lower timing belt cover off and dig in. But did I mention that
I'm LAZY?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
[/end 5-beer whine]<br>
&nbsp;<br>
thx 4 listening!&nbsp; :D&nbsp;&nbsp; ND talley-ho!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
JT<br><br>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>