oil temp?

--0-212037542-1052077360=:17440

My oil temp hovers right around 120 on my stock mk1. This is while cruising at around 80mph and a warm, but not hot, day. When I was downt o around 55mph, it dropped to a little over 100. Is 120 +/- a mark high? How can I get it down? Does it having a Fram oil filter have anything to do with it? Oil weight is 15-40 non-synthetic. Dan