I MADE IT! (kinda long)

--0-1037678238-1052075934=:73227

God damn, leave the list for 3 days and I got 300 messages. Anyways. I saw 1 rocc in OH and 1 in PA.OH- red, stock looking mk2, single guy driver, pretty muscular looking dude in a white undershirt. Going south on I-71 about 25mi away from Cleveland. Didn't notice me.PA- very nice black mk2, possibly euro lights and bumpers on I-80W, about the middle of PA I think. Guy and girl in the pass. seat with long brown hair. Definitely noticed me.And as for the incident, I was cruising through PA when my oil temp started to go up and I started losing power. I was like oooooh fuck. Whitish smoke coming out the back, looked more like oil than anti-freeze. Got off the highway as soon as I could and there was smoke pouring out of the front pass. side of the hood. Turns out the AC belt hadn't been used in so long, it was stiff. I accidently turned on the AC and instead of moving, the belt sat there and started boiling and smoking. Nothing like the smell of boiling rubber... Well, turned out not to be a big deal, tossed the belt in the trash and away I went. Car kicks ass though. Wimpy as hell, I floor it on every hill (the Rockies are going to be rough) and it's in desperate need of a wheel balance, but overall very nice. Dan

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Dan Smith wrote:
> The MK1 and I have returned to NY!!!! It's beautiful and
> only 1 minor incident (details to follow). Just wanted to
> let people know, I had a few sightings, but now time to
> eat and settle in. Dan

Leg two of the journey complete. Anxious to hear about
whatever incident this was... and sightings? I never see
any other 'roccos!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis. It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov

--0-1037678238-1052075934=:73227

<DIV>God damn, leave the list for 3 days and I got 300 messages. Anyways. I saw 1 rocc in OH and 1 in PA.</DIV>
<DIV>OH- red, stock looking mk2, single guy driver, pretty muscular looking dude in a white undershirt. Going south on I-71 about 25mi away from Cleveland. Didn't notice me.</DIV>
<DIV>PA- very nice black mk2, possibly euro lights and bumpers on I-80W, about the middle of PA I think. Guy and girl in the pass. seat with long brown hair. Definitely noticed me.</DIV>
<DIV>And as for the incident, I was cruising through PA when my oil temp started to go up and I started losing power. I was like oooooh fuck. Whitish smoke coming out the back, looked more like oil than anti-freeze. Got off the highway as soon as I could and there was smoke pouring out of the front pass. side of the hood. Turns out the AC belt hadn't been used in so long, it was stiff. I accidently turned on the AC and instead of moving, the belt sat there and started boiling and smoking. Nothing like the smell of boiling rubber... Well, turned out not to be a big deal, tossed the belt in the trash and away I went. Car kicks ass though. Wimpy as hell, I floor it on every hill (the Rockies are going to be rough) and it's in desperate need of a wheel balance, but overall very nice.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dan<BR><BR><B><I>Daun Yeagley &lt;vwdaun@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>--- Dan Smith <SAD_ROCC@YAHOO.COM>wrote:<BR>&gt; The MK1 and I have returned to NY!!!! It's beautiful and<BR>&gt; only 1 minor incident (details to follow). Just wanted to<BR>&gt; let people know, I had a few sightings, but now time to<BR>&gt; eat and settle in. Dan<BR><BR>Leg two of the journey complete. Anxious to hear about<BR>whatever incident this was... and sightings? I never see<BR>any other 'roccos!<BR><BR><BR>=====<BR>Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio<BR>'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 &amp; '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172<BR>For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.<BR>"Any idiot can face a crisis. It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov<BR><BR>__________________________________<BR>Do you Yahoo!?<BR>The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.<BR>http://search.yahoo.com<BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Scirocco-l mailing list<BR>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR>http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l</BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1037678238-1052075934=:73227--