what's the deal with making 16v rear seats fit into a mk1 again?

Daun Yeagley wrote:

> --- Eric S <scirocco81@vwmail.net> wrote:
> > You gotta drill some holes to do it.  The mk1 latch is
> > totally different, has this hook that goes backwards into
> > the trunk under those flat side panels on each side of
> > the trunk cover.  Where, a mk2 has more of a door post
> > sticking out the side with the door type latch mechanism
> > in the seatback.  Also, the mk2 seats have a "foot" in
> > the middle that needs to be bolted to the floor.
>
> It should be noted that Eric is smoking crack.  The only
> cars that have a "foot" as he calls it are ones with the
> split folding rear seat.  Most (all?) U.S. 16v seats were
> not split-fold.
>
> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio

Daun?,

Put the pipe down man. I was in San Jose Ca on my lunch break (doesn't
everybody go to the pick n pull on their lunch break?) and I was lucky
enough to be there as they dropped off a black S2 w/ leatherette and
split rear seats. The fronts were some kind of aftermarket seats, I
grabbed them too- although the corduroy in some places has worn
through, and also some large gauge cable that had run to a large amp
(long gone) in the back.

TBerk