what's the deal with making 16v rear seats fit into a mk1 again?

John Ringham wrote:

> Its' really easy. The bottom piece snaps right in with no modifications. For
> the top, remove the existing seat upholstery and padding from the mk1 frame,
> do the same for the 16v, and install the 16v padding and upholstery on the
> mk1 frame. Latch works just as it originally did.
>
> Jeff, you can check mine out on Sunday at ND if you like.
>
> John

This is cool but the rear seat I grabbed at the yard is the two piece,
split fold down type. It'll need the bottom center screws as well as
the two posts on the side to replace the latches.

You instructions, while certainly useful are best suited for the one
piece back, in fact indicated for same.

TBerk