Starter Relay Booster ????

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=241352175
0>

That is Bosch part number WR1 (Low Voltage Relay Kit).

The kit is installed so instead of the power going from the ignition
switch directly to the starter soleniod, the ignition switch triggers
the relay which routes power directly from the battery. More power
reaches the soleniod, hopefully eliminating some hard starting problems.

1/20/97 list price $11.25 - retail $9.00.  I'm sure it's gone up in
price some since then.  I also used the kit when I relayed my euro
lights.

You can make your own setup or any decent local imported parts store
should be able to get the Bosch kit for you.  The price difference won't
be much, if any.

Greg :)  1985 VW Scirocco 2.0L 8V
http://www.DriversFound.com
http://www.GAKMotorsports.com