OT and not OT: towing ability

I think thats the biggest issue here.  CIS-E does NOT seem anywhere near as reliable as CIS and CIS-Lambda.  Granted, its a more advanced system...but at a cost of reliablity, with a gain in certain areas like idle control, more precise mixture control, etc.

I wonder how well a 16v would run (stock vs stock) if it was "down graded" to CIS-Lambda (not the euro 16v injection (straight CIS) that doesn't even use an oxy sensor).

And yes, the 16v vs 8v torque debate was debated and finally proved along time ago, that a 16v motor has more torque across the entire rev range than an 8v.

(Though, I'd like to see a stock 16v compared to an RD motor, not a JH...more fair comparison because of similar compression ratios)

Something about 16vs though, makes them feel like they have less low end grunt....probably because the bump in power in the high revs makes the rest of the rev range feel soft...dunno.  Definate case of the butt dyno lying, thats for sure.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg