OT and not OT: towing ability

Umm Brian in Washington, you might want to look at some dyno sheets directly
pertaining to stock 8v's vs. stock 16v's and then rethink your understanding
of power and torque output of the 16v vs the 8v. Not to mention the fact
that 8v's break jsut about as often as 16v's. 16v's happen to have a little
more to the engine management system than 8v's. This makes them a little
more complex. Add to that the general cheapness of most 16v owners (spark
plug wires are too *expensive*, so I will just reuse the old ones until the
car dies). Simplify the 16v more and its just as reliable as an 8v.

Chris DeLong
Fine Tuning
206.367.5503
Seattle, WA USA