Sugar in the tank was: OT FUNNY: Silly A4 owner...

> L F wrote:
>
> Dan, TB-
>  The sugar can't get INTO the combustion chambers to burn.
> It won't get past the filter.
> It doesn't dissolve.
> It would act just like sand. Or rust. Or dirt.
> Larry

I'm thinking sugar will dissolve in water, which might settle down to
the bottom of a gas tank from contamination and/or condensation.

Normally water would just get steamed out in the burning gas, never to
be noticed, but a sugar syrup would get by, letting it burn the the
sugar in the combustion chamber- leaving the 'boint' carmel behind.

Normally gas has few byproducts but this amount of nastiness seems to
be something a slow burning car might not be able to handle. I suppose
it might be passed like a kidney stone if hot and revved hard over
time but I'm still concerned by carbon build up and (here I go with
speculation) rings getting coated and filled with gunk, etc.

I do know that 'sugar in the tank', is not really the show stopper
civilians have been lead to believe, but it cant be good for ya
either.

TBerk