Sugar in the tank was: OT FUNNY: Silly A4 owner...

>  L F <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
>
>      By the way, just what can sugar do besides possibly
>      clogging a fuel filter?
>      I know for a fact that sugar won't dissolve in gasoline,
>      so all it can do is sit there in the tank.
>      (another urban legend....shot to hell)
>
>      Larry
>
>           I was thinking the same thing, and then
>           remembered a guy in high school who
>           dumped five pounds of sugar in his gas tank of
>           his early style Nova because
>           someone told him it would give him more
>           power-you can guess what happened.
<snip>
Dan Smith wrote:

> I always thought it carmalized the engine.
>
> Dan

I am of the understanding the burning of the sugar (and in such big
concentrations) makes for left over carbon build up, fouling plugs,
clogging valve seats & catalytic converters, etc., etc.

Just a little won't do much, but what happens to fuel injectors?

TBerk