interesting coolant stuff

> L F wrote:
>
> some people swear by electric superchargers, too. :)
>
> Your temp sensor tells you the temperature of the COOLANT, not the
> temperature of the head.
> So, that means your COOLANT is running 10-15 degrees cooler.  Which
> tells me your COOLANT is not absorbing as much heat as it was
> before, which tells me your engine is actually hotter.  Make sense?
> Now, if  WW made your coolant absorb more heat(get HOTTER) and it
> made your coolant give up that heat faster (run cooler) at the same
> time, you should have a net change of zero, showing on the gage.
> The only way to prove it one way or the other is to put a
> thermocouple on the head itself while you use WW for a run and
> without WW for an identical run.
> (until then, I hear something hissing....)
> Larry

Larry, I see you are thinking the WATER is showing cooler (but not
necessarily the head itself) but if it's cooler it doesn't mean it
isn't absorbing less heat from the head, it can mean it is releasing
MORE heat via the Radiator, there by sending cooler water to the head,
reducing it's overall temp.

Oil temps can be used to verify this in a stock car.

TBerk