Sway Bar Question

> I and Anson have driven a 16V MkII with a not so good alignment with
> bilstein sports, eibach springs and the hollow anti-sway autotech bars...
> WOW! as close to neutral steering as i have ever experienced.  No lean to
> speak of.
> Joshua C.
 ===================================

Hi Joshua;
   The man that built my 6 speed tranny with Quaife diff. races Rabbits. He
races without a front bar. He suggested I set the front soft and the back
hard, no sway bar in front and a big one in back. I set up my 1979 Scirocco
in front with low Eibac springs on Bilstien struts with 40 mm pistons and
modified Dasher tops. I have a triangulated stress bar on the A frames but
NO front sway bar. In back I have a stock set of springs with one coil cut
off and KYB heavy duty's. I have an Autotech hollow bar in the rear.
     I have owned a lot of good handling cars ( including a Lotus Elite )and
driven many others, but this thing is the best. I have yet to feel any
understeer or oversteer. It seems to be pure point and shoot. Go into the
corner, punch the throttle, point it where you want to go, and hang on. I'm
sure the Quaife has a lot to do with it but the present combo works just
great. I plan to do a little auto-crossing this spring so I can find out
which end wants to lead when I exceed it limits of traction without testing
the depth of the ditch at speed.
Brian Decker
Western Washington