8V starter in a 16V motor?

I settled for a lifetime warranty - ProStart remanufactured unit at Pep Boys for $145 (will get $35 back on the core). Kinda steep but it was the best I could do in a pinch on a Sunday afternoon and considering I found a Bosch remanufactured unit on the web for $85 after core. Pep Boys was offering the same starter part number and price for both the 8V and 16V.

At any rate, with some hassle with the lower starter bolt (try removing it with out a triple sqaure) and no access to the nut on the back side until I removed the radiator fan, the new one went in and the car fired right up. It made my weekend :)

Now I need to solve the rattle box stock exhaust and staighten out the shifter as 1st gear is impossible unless I sneak it over near reverse (push down). Likely just shifter bushings or needs a simple alignment.

Thanks,

Jim