OT: 4 AM musings (Rocc related and LONG)

It's four in the morning and I'm at work, so ignore this if you feel so
inclined.

I stopped by rick alexander's the other day to say hi and show him the
corrado. I parked on the street and saw his 16v in its parking spot. Saw Rick
and said hello. Meandered into the cluttered, yet organized garage and looked
over the MkI G60 Beastie, and I got to thinking. Then I went home and ran the
rocco for a little bit, and I realized that I miss my rocco a lot.

I love the corrado, I love the engine and the heated seats. I love the fact
that people comment on the car and how nice it looks. I love the spoiler. I
love the sound at full throttle. I love how smooth it is.

I hate the fact that I need to think to stop it, even with big brakes on it. I
hate the fact the timing chains are gonna go at some point. I hate how much
parts cost. I hate the fact that there's a damn cover over the engine. I hate
the fact that I have NO idea what the hell is going on in that engine bay.

Now, Rick can comment that I had little idea what the hell was going on under
the 8v's bonnet, but I felt like I had a bit more of a grasp of that than the
monstrosity I see under the hood of the Corrado.

I still have the 8v, but I have to get rid of it, I just don't have any place
to put it and I can't afford the insurance. But, BUT. In a little over a year
I will be done with college, and will be hopefully getting a place and
hopefully a job. I miss the Rocco enough that I think I'll get another one.
Something to keep as a fun little car to bomb around with and carve up the
corners on the weekends. And of course, to go to Cincy.

I think a large part of this feeling though, is that I just don't feel like
there is a corrado community like the scirocco-l. When I had a problem with
the Rocco, or just a general question, I got almost immeadiate answers or
offers to help, some very intelligent, some very funny, some very helpful. I'd
like to thank you guys for maintaining a truly amazing living database of
information. (Particularly Julie, who doesn't seem to mind me stopping by
unannounced when I need to procrasinate, and Rick who didn't seem to mind me
practically LIVING in his house, but to all you guys in general)

So of all this ramble basically comes to this: I love the Corrado, I miss the
Rocco and the Rocco Family. I want both. Someday in a year or so, perhaps one
will fall in my lap, maybe a MkI or a non-red 16v MkII, and I'll be able to
take a wrench to something again. Be afraid.

~Lyman
87 8v
92 SLC Raddo