From: "Decker" <boisfort@myhome.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: New Exhaust System Advice

      First no Flowmaster!!!! My 1979 MK 1 had a two and a half inch custom
system with a Flowmaster on it and it was loud to the point of obnoxious. I
don't mind a muffler that is loud when you are on it hard but this was
ridiculous. I had my muffler man take it off and replaced it with a 14 inch
generic turbo muffler which lets you know it's there when you get on it but
is reasonable enough to drive around town with out ----ing off every cop.
      I just don't like wrestling around under a car with a rusted muffler
setup. Around here the custom muffler shops can fit you a two and a quarter
or two and a half inch system for less that you can buy one from the
performance mail order shops and you just stand around for half an hour then
drive off with the new system.
  Brian Decker