eliminating coolant expansion tank(why do we need it?)

> BUT, to answer your question, Mr. Reed, I don't see why there would be any
> problem with transferring your vehicle to a non expansion tank cooling
> system if it's done right.  Most of our motors that we run in our cars today
> were run without an expansion tank in the earlier years.  As for the larger
> engines we have today, just look at the big Cadillac 500CI motors back in
> the 60's and 70's, they didn't have an expansion tank system so I think we
> could run our little 1.8L or 2.0L motors without one fairly easily.
>
> Dave

Woah there, go back and read the messages again. I wasn't the one that
started this thread... I merely replied with information on how we did a
non-expansion-tank radiator swap on my brother's diesel. I think you have
me confused with a Tony or Tobias or some other T-person.. :)

(don't worry, it happens pretty frequently)

I agree with you that the expansion tank thing is fairly new, but I
don't know enough about the topic to get involved in a logical discussion
which is why I didn't get involved to begin with!

-Toby