CIS vw. Digi fuel pump; was Re: Went the wrong way! MyApologies!

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 07:07, Dan Bubb wrote:
> "I believe the maximum flow rate of the FPR has to be at least the flow rate
> of the pump."

The pump has to provide at least as much PRESSURE as the FPR is supposed
to regulate (3.0 bar on stock Digifant-1).

The exit port on the FPR and the return line to the tank has to allow
enough FLOW to let the FPR do it's job.

I suppose it's possible that you could get a pump that is so massive
that the FPR would not be able to dump fuel fast enough and therefore
build pressure beyond the rating of the FPR. But I think that you would
need one heck of a pump to do that!

Either way, there is no problem here. I'm running Digifant-I with a
3.5bar FPR (same physical housing & ports as the stock 3.0bar FPR) and a
CIS pump. No problems so far...

Neal
'77 Scirocco G60