Turns signals that don't blink / smoking wires

In a message dated 3/22/03 2:29:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
list@cemetery.homeunix.org writes:

> >  The flashers seem to work fine, but
>  > turn signals just give you a steady light on the dash,
>  > nothing else.  What might cause this?
>
>  I think you need a new flasher unit

The Bentley manual says that the emergency flasher and the turn signals use
the same flasher relay... therefore if it flashes when using the hazards, the
flasher unit isn't bad. This happened to me (what you're describing)... I
just wiggled the wires in back of the fuse box and it fixed the problem :)

Court