I think VWs are pulling me back into the fold . !

--part1_109.21a0e40c.2bacdf83_boundary

Thats funny with my last 16v I was pleased with the brakes under normal
traffic driving. Once I got the car on the track or on my shake down roads I
would get them to the point that they would just glow bright orange in the
front and kind of a dim red in the rear. Now that was with some brake cooling
ducts in place, EBC rotors and pads, and a full set of steal lines and DOT5
fluids. Now I do admit I had over 150 BHP at the wheels and got the weight
down to 2000 lbs range from the factory 2300 range.
No way around it the 16v was heavier then VW admitted. I was rather surprised
when I weighed the car while trying to corner balance it.

Now with my all wheel drive impreza. Yes, it has roughly the same size front
rotors, but the rears are huge. Then again I think the brakes on this car
sucks as well. They glow and stink up rather quick. Scary part is I don't
even like using the brakes I try my hardest not to touch that pedal until I
have no choice to hit it hard.

Maybe I just build and use my project cars in a different way then most. But
in my 8 years on the list I do know people have done 4 pot calipers and 17's.

So can anyone help me on this. Oh yes this might all be put on a Z 400 body
kit I found. So I can run an offset that will push the wheels away from the
coilovers and wheel wells . .

Thanks

~Danny~

01 Impreza RS
88 16v Rocco (Just sold) <---- Yes I've owned a couple before

--part1_109.21a0e40c.2bacdf83_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Thats funny with my last 16v I was pleased with the br=
akes under normal traffic driving. Once I got the car on the track or on my=20=
shake down roads I would get them to the point that they would just glow bri=
ght orange in the front and kind of a dim red in the rear. Now that was with=
 some brake cooling ducts in place, EBC rotors and pads, and a full set of s=
teal lines and DOT5 fluids. Now I do admit I had over 150 BHP at the wheels=20=
and got the weight down to 2000 lbs range from the factory 2300 range. <BR>
No way around it the 16v was heavier then VW admitted. I was rather surprise=
d when I weighed the car while trying to corner balance it.<BR>
<BR>
Now with my all wheel drive impreza. Yes, it has roughly the same size front=
 rotors, but the rears are huge. Then again I think the brakes on this car s=
ucks as well. They glow and stink up rather quick. Scary part is I don't eve=
n like using the brakes I try my hardest not to touch that pedal until I hav=
e no choice to hit it hard.<BR>
<BR>
Maybe I just build and use my project cars in a different way then most. But=
 in my 8 years on the list I do know people have done 4 pot calipers and 17'=
s. <BR>
<BR>
So can anyone help me on this. Oh yes this might all be put on a Z 400 body=20=
kit I found. So I can run an offset that will push the wheels away from the=20=
coilovers and wheel wells . . <BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>
~Danny~<BR>
<BR>
01 Impreza RS<BR>
88 16v Rocco (Just sold) &lt;---- Yes I've owned a couple before<BR>
73 Porsche 914</FONT></HTML>

--part1_109.21a0e40c.2bacdf83_boundary--