I think VWs are pulling me back into the fold . !

Personally I wouldn't even bother upgrading from 16v brakes.  That is,
Considering it's a ~2100 lb car that comes stock with 10" brakes.  AWD
DSMs come with 10" rotors from the factory, and they weigh over 3000
lbs.  You can do 11" but it's totally not worth it IMO.  There's also
the whole added rotational mass part...

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com=20

The only reason I ask the last question is for wheel choice and brake
fitment.
I have one set of rims I love and I've been waiting to find something to
put them on. The damned things only come in 18's! But I can find
something similar in 17's to squeeze over the brakes I want to get on a
project car.