OT: sighting -Saab in Steamboat: attn. Dan

--0-999946879-1048282251=:48676

Yup that was me. Yeah, made it up fine that day, but overheated halfway up on Thursday. Figured it was you in the Fox. We were boarding in Rabbit Ears Monday. That'll most likely be the last time you'll see the Saab though. The clutch went out on me just before Eisenhower tunnel. The mechanic thinks the pressure plate went too. Quoted about $700 for the whole thing, plus 2hrs labor in diagonstics. How would you feel about returning to Silverthorne to pick up 2 stranded people? There's no rental cars available for the next 2 days. Except for a pickup, but you have to be 25 for that and I'm 21. My next idea is to see if there's a u-haul in town and maybe I could rent that. For all you wanting turbo parts and apc's and stuff, if I can find a way to get the saab back to steamboat, I'll be parting it out in hopes to fund another vehicle. Mike, if and when you get this, call my girlfriend's cell at 914-456-7365.
Dan
 mike <nasdiego@yahoo.com> wrote:Monday-Spotted a silver Saab with New Mexico
plates-Dan, I think you passed me at the bottom of
Rabbit Ears. Looks nice-and you made it up the pass
just fine--or at least you beat my 4-speed Fox,
woohoo!
Saw you again stopped at the toilet bowl and thought
about honking, but wasn't sure you'd know who I was.
I continued on to the new Target in Silverthorne. I
can't believe I'm excited because a big-box store
opened 90 miles away, how pathetic.
Mike

=====
Mike