diesel starter questions

I used to have a diesel starter in my rocco... no need to hook up the
"other" connector AFAIK.  I had no probelms hooking up just the main
terminal on the diesel starter...just leaving the other 16v connector
not hooked up to anything.

Is there any advantage to swapping the solenoid and having use of this
terminal?

**I took this starter back out cause I didn't like how slowly it would
crank over the engine... would crank VERY strong, but slower than my 16v
starter... and I swear that my 16v starter makes the car start faster
anyhow.  All my experience anyhow...

Ben