Fw: how do you identify shricks *rant*

**listers scroll to bottom if you dont want to read everything**

> no fucking way...they should be in there.

sorry man, i went into rant mode when i saw no shricks in there. my guess is
we both got screwed by the shop.

> If those bastards at the shop didn't reinstall the
> orig schrick exhaust cam..that was the only one he put in I believe,
> then I can probably bet it's long gone thrown away by the shop.

my guess is they made some 'extra' cash from you on that rebuild, if ya
catch my drift.

> I told you I had the entire engine rebuilt.

no doubts there, the engine was in good shape. in case you wondered why it
ran a bit like ass when you got it back from the shop, the cam timing was 2
teeth retarded.

> yep I sure did 'strip' down the rieger before I sold it. I listed exactly
> what was and wasn't on the car when I sold it for so little.

some of that stuff could have been more obvious, like the missing front sway
bar and such (anyone would have assumed at least a stock one was in there).

> You can't imagine what kind of rusted
> shitty condition that car was in when I got it from Howard

you are correct, i should have thought of that a bit more before ranting,
but hey, it was a rant... you cant think about common sense things like that
when ranting :)

> those 17" rims that were on the car were ALL LEAKING

this i know, as im restoring them now.

> ..and..what did you pay me...yeah that's what I thought.

umm, dude, it was ebay, its not like you were asking that low number or
anything. its what the auction ended at. furthermore, anyone knowing the
riegers history would at least assume that some of those other parts were on
the car, as i did.

> If you want to call VW underground
> in Austin and see if they still have the head (highly unlikely) go for it.

they cant have the head, it was in the hatch of the rieger when i picked it
up. and it was without cams... more backup for that 'shady shop' theory.

> So please don't be pissed at me.

im not, and i ask that you not be pissed at me for my insane rant. im 3 days
into an engine swap/rebuild and have a hair trigger on anything that could
remotely piss me off.

> I'm glad to see the car being loved and
> cared for, (well I dunno about that black hood, if that's your style ;) )

umm, hood isnt intentional, its temporary as the green one got its front lip
bent on the way to waterfest a couple of years ago. i was in a rather large
pack of fast-moving traffic that came over a crest to meet a wall of stopped
traffic. truck ahead of me had the lead on braking, and the hood caught his
bumper. cars behind us missed me by inches, could have been much worse.
after the hood swap, i had all these dumbasses around here thinking i had a
CF hood, so im not in that much of a hurry to fix it anymore :P

> I hope you can see this is what really went down.

i do, now. thanks for setting me straight.

> Please don't rant about me on this list

    sorry man. for those listers reading, ryan did sell me a decent car. he
was up front with me about everything i asked about when buying the rieger
from him.
    most of what built me up to that rant was me digging up info about the
car on the net (after the purchase)... info that listed all of these mods
that _were_ on the rieger, and i was repeatedly like 'wtf, those parts arent
on my car'. then some months later i spoke to they guy (sorry, cant remember
name), who bought the g60, and he was like 'yeah, i got those things on the
mk1 i just bought from ryan'. what did not come out in that conversation was
the condition of the parts (and i am at fault for not asking about it). so
after all of that, the shricks just blew my top. that combined with several
snags i've hit with my 2.0 swap, brought me up to flame-on mode.

again, sorry about that ryan
Al