front wheel bearing

Hi,
I had a fairly loud noise from the right front. It was very loud when the
wheel was at all turned. I had just changed the front wheel bearing, but I
damaged it on the way in. I had forgotten the clip on the outside. I pushed
the hub out enough to put in the clip. The bearing separated. I pushed it
back in, but didn't think much of my chances.
When I took it off the hub truned freely, there was no noise from the
bearing.
What else could be the prob?
I'll probably still change it since I already got a new one.
John