Ron is not happy.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Ron Pieper wrote:

> BTDT my arse.  I'll look at YOUR face at Cincy and see how many scars
> errr...*trophies* you have!

Sorry Ron - I meant I'd had a few tools fly off - but I was never stupid
enough to let one hit me in the FACE ! :) :)  Actually, I got a bitch of a
scar by tripping and falling across a 7 foot mower knife.  Cut from the
bridge of my nose across the top of my eye to my ear.  The doctor who
stitched it up said I was the luckiest kid he'd ever seen not to have lost
my eye.  You can still see the scar, even though I was 5 when it happened.

The other (far less noticeable) scar on my face was a result of getting
kicked by a 900 pound heifer who thought she was a deer - nailed me right
in the chin - another one of those slow-mo things - even the fall to the
ground was in slo-mow... :)

> 'member, this is a 16V (aka PITA).  I did reach down and remove the puck
> covering the hole-where-a-dizz-would-go.  I reached down with a 1/4"
> drive socket extension (with 3/8" extension on the back of that), and
> gave the ass end of the shaft a few thwacks.  Off it came (thanks for
> the tip on the bolts).  Don't know what went wrong - why it got tight -
> it wasn't that bad when I installed it.  I lapped in the gear and pump
> shaft with some compound and all is well, ready for reassembly.

Sorry man - I obviously missed the bit at the beginning where you said you
were working on Victor - never even thought you might be working on a 16V
- I live such a sheltered life in my 8V world - gonna have to get that PL
sitting on the granary floor installed in something.

Glad you got it fixed - hope your wife doesn't divroce you when she sees
that scar... :)

Drew