Ron is not happy.

--- Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> OUch, Ron - sorry to hear about the stuck pump and the injury.  I feel
> your pain - BTDT a few times.  Funny how time seems to slow down when
> something like that's happening, and you still can't get out of the way
> fast enough.

BTDT my arse.  I'll look at YOUR face at Cincy and see how many scars errr...*trophies* you have!

> It may be that the removing the distributor will allow the oil pump to
> drop out - I had a similar problem with a vacuum pump on a diesel (runs in
> the same spot as a gasser's ditributor) and removing the vacuum pump made
> the oil pump fall right off (literally - so make sure you have the oil
> pump bolts turned in a few threads.)

'member, this is a 16V (aka PITA).  I did reach down and remove the puck covering the
hole-where-a-dizz-would-go.  I reached down with a 1/4" drive socket extension (with 3/8"
extension on the back of that), and gave the ass end of the shaft a few thwacks.  Off it came
(thanks for the tip on the bolts).  Don't know what went wrong - why it got tight - it wasn't that
bad when I installed it.  I lapped in the gear and pump shaft with some compound and all is well,
ready for reassembly.

Thx,

Clumsy Ass Ron