Front crossmember stress bar

Eric,

The V-bend looks like an interesting idea, let us know how it works. How
do the brackets at the side attach? They don't appear to be connected to
anything in the pictures..

I'm still trying to re-evaluate my bar now that my brain has been
flipped upside down as far as which motor mount goes which direction.

Personally, I think the only way to convince the "doubters" on the list
would be to build a bar strong enough that you can jack the car up from
it. (I have some ideas about how to do this but the bar would weigh more
than twice as much..) Fortunately, what other people think isn't too big
of a concern for me, unless they can show that they're right.

My favorite solution to the cracked crossmember problem is to drill out
the spot welds holding in the crossmember, remove the crossmember, get two
uncracked ones from junkyard cars (pre-84 would be preferable, apparently
the metal used was superior), seam weld them together and weld them back
in to the car. That is the "ultimate" repair, in my book. Stock-looking,
using stock parts, very strong, and very expensive and very painstaking.

But bolt in bars are "easy", and you can't have it all.

Anyway, good luck w/your bar..

-Toby