Front crossmember stress bar

Hey Salty!  Lotsa work you've been doing there..

Some observations - pls consider it constructive criticism, food for thought, and my own
brainstorming.

- First, I like the bumper bolt idea.
- what steel are you using?  I'd strongly suggest something high-carbon, like 4130.
- Have you considered round tube?  Cheap, strong, large variety...
- I thought of rectangular tube:
<http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/psearch.asp?FAM=steel&FT_136=1007&FT_128=1504&session=steel,136=1007;128=1504>
but too many $$.  I was envisioning to weld it so it's on edge (vertically).
-why did you choose to weld in the square bar at 45*?  That seems like a pain, and thus would make
a larger diameter round bar more attractive.  It could be at least as strong, and cheaper too.

-For the flat plates on the end, could you weld on a flange?  Or gusset between it and the bar
with a triangular piece, if it'd fit.  Seems that would strengthen it side-side (yes I know that's
not one of the design paramters, but it just *feels* right...

Hmmm...got my wheels turning a little...

Ron