small boost set-up with CIS-E??

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C2E47B.6F6251E0

Jeff:
The major issue is I have a T3/T04e and the compressor housing is much =
bigger than a T3 compressor housing and with my tall block ABA the =
compressor is right against the firewall. That is kinda the show =
stopper.
But, mostly it's a bunch of small niggling issues.
The turbine flange isn't a good match to the turbine housing and it's =
only 1/4" thick so there isn't a lot of thread for the NON-metric turbo =
bolts.
The holes for the head exhaust studs are all large (unlike the stock =
manifold that has two small ones) so the manifold isn't accurately =
located on the head and there isn't enough meat in the casting to allow =
me to match port it to my TT ported head.
Last, but not least, the flow path from the #1 cylinder flows smoothly =
from the cylinder, but right at the turbo flange, has a great big =
obstruction. If you could stick your finger inside and feel around you'd =
see what I mean.
It all adds up to a kind of crummy not well thought out product. But, =
I'm an engineer and design machined components day in and day out and =
worry about this kind of stuff.
I've built a quick and dirty log type turbo manifold from weld ells for =
a friend and I think with some work I can build something much better =
that is a little lower profile that will solve my firewall clearance =
issue.
Having said all that, the ATP manifold is a proven piece that will bolt =
on, won't crack, and if you're using a T3 compressor, will not have any =
clearance issues. Plus other ATP parts, like the downpipe, will match =
with it.
So, it's really not junk! It's just that if somebody had paid alittle =
more attention in the design stage it could've been a really nice piece.
Anyway, my turbo install will get a custom fabbed manifold to solve my =
clearance issues. My nephew's turbo install (stock JH with CIS) will =
either get a fabbed manifold like mine or use this piece (unless =
somebody wants to buy it off me for $250+ shipping ;^)
Dan

----- Original Message -----=20