From: Dan Smith [mailto:sad_rocc@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:14 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: alt woes, desperate for help

I think fate has determined my scirocco will never run again. After
losing my alt yesterday, they ordered another. I was a bit suspicious
when the part was listed for 8 and 16v with ac as I remembered you all
said 8v 16v ones weren't compatible. Lo and behold, the alt that came in
today has way different mounting points. For some reaosn, the part # on
my old alt is listed as being for a Quantum and is also listed for over
$250. There are 2 junkyards around, though not real close by.
Unfortunately, the people at the dorms here with cars are exceptionally
stingy about loaning them out and neither yard is accessible by bus. I
need to have my car driveable by Monday morning so I can go get the
Saab. I have to pick up 2 friends in Denver for the week on Friday (not
this one, next one). I don't have a backseat and don't feel real secure
about ferrying them around without one as cops are quite abundant here.
I work 9-5 Sat and Sun so I would basically need an alt by tommorrow,
although I could work some time off from work over the weekend if I had
to. I really don't know what to do, I've been planning things around an
alt and now it's fallen through 3 times. The person selling the Saab has
been more than understanding but I can't keep delaying things before he
just says forget it. Please, anything you can do to help or any ideas
would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I'm blatently begging here.
Dan

Do you Yahoo!?