[Re: Slightly OT [Roc gene]]

Jorel Jackson <jorel140@yahoo.com> wrote:

> =

> In a way, this all comes back around to these
> strange, pretty =

> unknown, really great for
> the money Sciroccos we love.  The true enthusiasts
> like us probably =

> have several
> things in our lives that are _soooo_ similar.   We
> have personalities =

> that seek out the
> less understood, the slightly unusual, and almost
> always, WAAY better =

> then anything
> else.  A bit simplistic here, I've been known to
> talk about this =

> subject at great length,
> especially after a few drinks...  Anyway,  am I
> right or what?
> =

> =3D=3DBrett
> =

I think you're right. I'm amazed everytime I talk to
other Scirocco enthusiasts about all the things or
interests we have in common. Maybe there is a rare
Scirocco gene within the human genome?

There is a Scirocco gene, I have the whole base sequence on disc. It's a =
frame
shift mutation on the end of Chromosome 21. =

(had ya goin' for a minute, eh?)

As for nerdish stuff, games-wise, a lot of "Space invaders" got played ba=
ck in
the day, and who played that stupid "tank" game (on the old Atari game
system)? I'd be willing to bet the "hobby shops" have seen a lot of us to=
o.
Good testing grounds for all that wiring and body repair we are doomed to=

struggle with.

On a funny note, my dad finally replaced his Atari (computer) with a "rea=
l "
computer last week. A few generations to jump, he'll be a few days figuri=
ng it
out. =

And since this is all OT and everybody has a delete button, a tidbit from=
 an
ad from Radio Shack:

"So how are you going to beat the system that does so much for so little?=

The amazing new / 32K / Level II / 2 disc / line printer system at ...

$ 3874" (in USD mind you, model # TRS-80)

For this,  in addition to the 32K (the highest they had listed) you get a=
 12"
video display, professional keyboard, a cassette recorder, and two game
cassettes. Plus a 232 pg manual. This is from one of my 1978 Scientific
Americans. =

So what could you get now for that same money? Heck, my camera came with =
500X
that much memory, and it got upgraded.

Anyway, it's good to be in the company of nerds.
Cathy