From: Allyn [mailto:amalventano@sc.rr.com]=20
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:17 PM
To: Jeff Toomasson; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Is it worth it to have a spring compressor?

its relaly not necessary if you have some type of progressive/lowering =
spring, as they only take like 25-50 lbs of force to compress enough to =
get the bolt on. if you are removing stock struts, unbolt the center =
bolt first, then lift the car, staying clear of the wheel well. the =
resulting 'sproing!' isnt as violent as you may think. it is possible to =
put stock springs back on doing the reverse of this, but its quite =
difficult (someone has to center the strut with the center of the upper =
strut bearing as someone else lowers the car to compress the spring).
Al
=A0
----- Original Message -----=20