Backup Light and Shift indicator switch replacement

--=====================_1645110640==_.ALT

There are types of switches, one is a reverse switch only and the other
works on cars that have up shift indicators. The regular reverse switch is
on the top of the tranny in front of the selector... underish the air
box... it screw into the top. The one for cars with the up shift light is a
larger switch that mounts from the side using two screws and has a multi
pin connector going to it... It's black and also in the same general area.

Both the 4K in my '84 8V and my AGB in my '87 16V used the larger switch.

-Raffi

At 07:01 PM 3/3/2003 -0500, Eric D Singer wrote:
>I've just bought a new backup/Shift indicator switch for my '84
>rocco.  The Bentley service manual shows a picture of the switch mounted,
>but doesn't indicate where it's located.  I'm assuming that it's accessed
>by going underneath the car, but I haven't yet gone on a search for it.
>
>Is it a pretty basic install, or are there something's I should look out for.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eric Singer
>84 8V Scirocco
>Trinity, NC
><http://www.eds-systems.com>www.eds-systems.com

--=====================_1645110640==_.ALT

There are types of switches, one is a reverse switch only and the other
works on cars that have up shift indicators. The regular reverse switch
is on the top of the tranny in front of the selector... underish the air
box... it screw into the top. The one for cars with the up shift light is
a larger switch that mounts from the side using two screws and has a
multi pin connector going to it... It's black and also in the same
general area. <br><br>
Both the 4K in my '84 8V and my AGB in my '87 16V used the larger switch.
-Raffi<br><br>
At 07:01 PM 3/3/2003 -0500, Eric D Singer wrote:<br>
bought a new backup/Shift indicator switch for my '84 rocco.&nbsp; The
Bentley service manual shows a picture of the switch mounted, but doesn't
indicate where it's located.&nbsp; I'm assuming that it's accessed by
going underneath the car, but I haven't yet gone on a search for
it.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
something's I should look out for.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>