Backup Light and Shift indicator switch replacement

Eric,

My '84 has the L shaped switch with a rectangular mounting face that is
held in by two small bolts.  If you have the same - IMPORTANT! The wire
assignments are different on the replacement switches.  You will have to
swap the wires for everything to work the same way.  There is a TSB from
VW.  If you can't locate it, let me know and I'll try to find mine, scan
and email  it to you.

Chris

Alexandria, VA