why is my compression bad? :(

> Daun said to run the engine hard to break the rings,
> IMO he's right.

Like I said, I haven't broken a motor in any other way but all of my
training and studies as a tech show differently.  Where does it say that you
should drive a new motor HARD to brake it in?  Plus, where does it say that
if you DON'T brake your motor in like this that your screwed or whatever
Daun said??  Just curious.  It might just be everyone's unwritten rule, in
that case I can understand but to reccomend it as "the way it should be
done" wouldn't be right in that case.

Dave