why is my compression bad? :(

Rabbit16v@attbi.com writes:

> > > all cylinders!? I was hoping compression would increase
>  > > once the rings got seated. From what I've read 130psi is
>  > > the minimum for JH's, I'm not happy. Is this why my
>  > > engine has such low power? I really have babied this
>  > > thing, never revved above 5k, I've changed the oil many
>  > > times and am running synthetic 10w-30. My exhaust smokes
>  > > all the time, but the smoke is white as a ghost and I
>  > > attributed it to the cold... my spark plugs also show no
>  > > indication of burning oil. Any opinions on this? Thanks
>  > > in advance,
>  > >
>  > > Rob

You say your smoke is white? Compounded with that compression problem, sounds
like you've got a blown head gasket. If you don't see coolant in your oil, it
may be that your compression and coolant are leaking straight out your blown
head gasket and out of your exhaust. How's your temp gauge? Are you losing
coolant, even a little? (tends to start slow in my experience.) You should
get your coolant tested for presence of exhaust gases... this is how my BF's
infamous Chrysler New Yorker's head gasket went belly up.

Take care,
Courtney