why is my compression bad? :(

I'd like to here why too, Daun.  I haven't ever really been EASY on any
break-in but I have never been told to run a motor HARD to break it in.
Just doesn't sound right??!!

Dave

> From what I've read on breaking in engines, there seems to be two ways:
run it hard for awhile, or run it relatively easy for a longer amount of
time.  I broke the engine in on a road trip, for the first 400 miles I would
get up to about 65mph, drop down to 40, then mash the gas back up to 70mph.
It has been revved above 5k, but only maybe once every 3 weeks or so!  What
exactly do you mean by screwed?  If I did break it in wrong, what are the
results of that?  Thanks-