why is my compression bad? :(

--0-1658722475-1046658864=:17847

>From what I've read on breaking in engines, there seems to be two ways:  run it hard for awhile, or run it relatively easy for a longer amount of time.  I broke the engine in on a road trip, for the first 400 miles I would get up to about 65mph, drop down to 40, then mash the gas back up to 70mph.  It has been revved above 5k, but only maybe once every 3 weeks or so!  What exactly do you mean by screwed?  If I did break it in wrong, what are the results of that?  Thanks-
Rob
 Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:Robbie,

The wear limit on the JH is 109 psi.

Now as for babying the engine, that's the worst thing you
can do, especially when breaking in an engine. In order to
break in the engine you need to run it h-a-r-d. If it's
been 10k though, you may be screwed. Won't hurt to try
however. Just be sure the oil is up to 80 C or so
beforehand, but then wind it out to redline often, and do
the same on downshifting, i.e. time it so you'll be in the
5-6k range.

Daun