bilstien/H&R race review

<P>What size tires? I'm running 195-50-15's I can tell you the ride is pretty frikkin harsh Your 13's will deffinately create some cushion not afforded by my low profiles. Perhaps H&amp;R's are a wee bit stiffer/lower. I can just fit two fingers between the tire and the fender well.</P>
<P>I do like the ride, I just feel sorry for my car.</P>
<P>Anson<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You must like a Cadillac ride. I have a set of Eibac race springs with large diameter but &gt;short Bilstien struts. I am running them with 185-60-13 tires on my 80 pickup. they lower the front
<DIV></DIV>Curtis WA
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From: Anson Clement
<DIV></DIV>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 6:19 PM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: bilstien/H&amp;R race review
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I'm sitting in front of my computer with a smile on my face and blisters on my ass. The former is a direct result of another session of "lets go sideways in my rocco" The latter was caused by all the potholes, cracks, and pebbles I encountered in route to my favorite parking lot.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>The suspension is all poly bushings, Bilstein sport dampers, and H&amp;R race springs AKA ass busters.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>The car is very responsive even though I have no upper bar and stock anti roll bars. It's very well balanced with just a touch of under steer unless I tap the brakes going into a turn, the sideways action is quite easily reigned in with counter steering and a healthy dose of throttle.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I'm deffinately happy with the setup but I would not advise anyone to go with the race springs on a daily driver.... I know I'm going to be cursing all the way to work tommorow.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Anson 86 8v