Drive shaft install

--0-1277207561-1046655978=:54885

your motor mounts may be misaligned, is it only one shaft giving you trouble?  On all my roccos, all of which have 90mm shafts(not sure if that makes it easier to install or not), there hasn't been any trouble getting them in.  Sometimes on the drivers side shaft, I have to remove/adjust part of the shift linkage, swing the axle towards the firewall and up above the flange, apply pressure towards the hub, and push it down into the flange.  Hope that makes sense!
Rob
 Ken B <Indiana_Red@hotmail.com> wrote:I really dont remember this much trouble getting the tranny end of the drive
shaft back on the flange. Both drive shafts have remained connected at the
wheel end during this engine swap. I cant believe that I actually have to
take the wheel off of the controll arm and swing it away to get that last
1/4 to 1/2 inch That I need to clear the center of the inner CV joint past
the edge of the drive flange. Is there an easier trick to this? I am
moving the shaft all around trying to find a "way in". If the standard
procedure is that you shouldn't have to then I will continue my efforts.
Bently doesn't say you should have to..unless its an automatic.
Guess I'll keep at it.
Thanks
Ken
1979 Scirocco 16V - Almost done
81 Deisel P/U - Rescued from neglegent PO
VORTEX: "Indiana Red"