why is my compression bad? :(

--0-1454127007-1046644040=:89110

I ran a compression check on my JH 8v today, 135-140psi on all cylinders.  Adding some 80w-90 to the cylinders raised all readings ~10-12psi.  This thing was rebuilt 10k ago, immediately after the rebuild I had 150psi on all cylinders!?  I was hoping compression would increase once the rings got seated.  From what I've read 130psi is the minimum for JH's, I'm not happy.  Is this why my engine has such low power?  I really have babied this thing, never revved above 5k, I've changed the oil many times and am running synthetic 10w-30.  My exhaust smokes all the time, but the smoke is white as a ghost and I attributed it to the cold...  my spark plugs also show no indication of burning oil.  Any opinions on this?  Thanks in advance,

Rob