Water pump....questions

Let me try to simplify.  You know how if you want a drill motor to do more mechanical work you have to give it more electricity, right?  Well, this is the same in reverse.  If you want more electricity, you have to put more mecahnical work into the motor/alternator.   So it's still mushy because I just referred to an alternator as a type of motor, but then that's kinda the point.  They all be the same on some crude level.

OK, so I tried.   The next challenge is for someone to work the word hysteresis into the conversation.  Geesh.  Good night all!

BH