Who's project is in pieces"

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:53:16 -0700 "Brian Honnold" <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
writes:
> Just for kicks,
>
> Who is in the middle of a project, MkI or MkII? where the car is not
> running
>
> How far apart has the car been taken, or is currently apart?

Funny you ask.

Lets see, the 79 is still stripped to nothing, not even paint, a light
coat of rust now covers its shell.

The 80 is still sitting in the side yard. Havent touched it since the day
I drug it home. (Except for the occasional parts aquisition and
suspension swaps.) Its black primer is now starting to surface rust in
the roof.

The 82 topless roc (RUFLUS) was to have been registered and smogged but
after I went thru the cooling system, found that apparently the water
pump isnt pumping. It will wait until after Dubwars is over whence it
will go thru some body mods/fixes and paint.

The other 82 is a donor car. I just stole the tranny out of it for my 84.
I almost cant stand to look at it anymore.

The 84, this is the main project car at hand. Its gone thru some surgery
lately. first it had to be smogged so cam, header came out. Stock crap
went in. I love my test only CAT. Works like a charm.
Ive stripped it down to install and do some lightening work, tranny swap,
5th gear swap, ABD intake pipe installed, 16v radiator and A2 hoses
installed, Jamex race seats, Topspin design (New sponsor) racing 5 pt
harness and bumper cam, moved the Schroth harness to the passenger side,
reinstalled the exhaust system and some additional items to the exhaust,
cam,  16v rear seats. (They're lighter than the split rear seats and they
look better than too.) removed the stock seat belts.

So, yeah, its been a major hassle. Found lots of little things wrong
which will make the car better overall. it just amazes me how long it
takes to do some of this work. Extremely time consuming but the hope is,
when its done, I will feel its been worth it. Im close to being able to
drive it again. Maybe tomorrow it will drive and I can get it dyno tuned
this weekend. XX

Shawn Méze
#30 2002 SDR Solo2 AS Champion. 86' Jetta GLi 8V 84' Scirocco 8V
82' Scirocco "Ruflus"  80' Scirocco S  79' "Project FSP Scirocco
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!