** get rons tranny vid NOW!** was: ok,so who wants rons tranny vid?

Shawn c Meze wrote:
> Why does this shit have to be so hard? im to the
> point in my decision makingto just say,  fuk it.
> So.... all the problems everyone else is having, im
> having and its not quite worth it. Im not up to
> downloading 40 GD programs to see this video. How
> hard would it of been to break it up into smaller
> segments and make it a MPG file format?
>
> Kehrist-oh-mighty.

What can I say, we are early adopters of technology.

Without Bit Torrent only 1/3 to 1/4 of the amount of people could have
downloaded the file 318 MB file in the same time period. Without the
new video codecs this file would be twice the size, and this would
halve the number of people again.

Both of these "hacks", and Allyn's hosting as well, are very much in
the grassroots spirit of .org!

Besides Shawn, you probably could do this in your sleep, no need to
watch someone else do it!

-Marc

'87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco @ 235K miles
http://getty.net/scirocco/
'02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe -
http://getty.net/c230k/
    in Heliodongr?n (Citron Green) took European Delivery in May 2002,
    state-side delivery on July 19, 2002, currently at 31,400 miles