Rough Idle Problem...Sometimes

  Car is an 87 16v and it will start up and run fine
most of the time.  Occasionally, it will start but run
like crap,  almost like it is running on 3 cylinders,
no power and a rough unsteady idle.  If I turn the car
off and restart it, it will usually run fine.
Sometimes it will take a couple of restarts to correct
the problem.  Any ideas???  I just replaced the
distributor, so I know that isn't the problem.

Thanks, Luis