Re ignition question.

Chuck wrote:

>Cathy take tou volt meter and make sure that you have 12volts at the
coil.positive >side. I think its the 15 wire.
>The mkI's are famous for losing voltage thru the wiring connections and
that may >also apply to the Headache.

The Mk1 Sciroccos had points ignition so the voltage at the coil was suppose
to be less that 12v.  There is a resistor wire that connects the coil to
power lowering the voltage.  I am not absolutely sure exactly when they
stopped doing this but VW did this on their early points ignition systems
(AFAIK).  HTH!

Dave