Brake set up suggestions

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:53:29AM -0700, Dave Ewing wrote:
> Let us know how those Raybestos pads work out.  I will be using ATE
> powerdiscs also (front and rear) and will want a decent pad to go along with
> them.  I never thought that Ferodo was anything spectacular but never tried
> Mintex.  I'd be curious how the Raybestos pads work out.  Anyone else have
> any experience with any other brands?

As I said, I've used them on numerous other cars in the past 15
years.  Quiet, reasonable dusting.  In fact, I just put 'em in my
Suburban, and that thing sees a LOT heavier brake use then the
'rocco.  Towing a 7500 lb boat tends to do that.  My only complaint about
the Ferodos, besides the fact that they cost double, is that they have
gotten kind of noisy at around 35,000 miles.  The Mintex pads dusted like
crazy.

Dan

--

"If not stopped, the 21 million-plus and growing (Napster & Gnutella)
community could usher in a cultural apocalypse that threatens to plunge

-Richard Parsons, AOL-Time Warner executive