polishing a valve cover

Okies, I picked up a spare 16v valve cover so I could try my hand at
polishing it.  Now for the only road block, what all will I need to do the
job?  I've got a large rotory tool and a small dremel so I think I'm covered
there.  What types of accessories will I need and is there a set process for
doing it?  Also, any sources on the net that I could be pointed o would be a
big help.  I'll be looking myself as well, but I thought I might tap the
resources here as I'm sure I'll find some decent sites but others may know
of better ones.

Thanks,
William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v