16V of misery Ignition woes)

Okay, I'm trying to get the jealous bitch motivated again. So I go out and
remedy the gas leak for now, it had pretty well stopped anyway, and I don't
feel like draining a full tank, I'll source a new hose and do it properly when
the tank is lower. Anyway, that's done.
Next was the no start issue. SO the likely candidate was the Clifford ignition
disable, it's out now, and will not be going back in, the wires are all
soldered up as VW installed them. I figured the car would fire up, but nope,
cranks but no spark.
Adam did a bunch of pull this and test that, a few sparks which didn't thrill
me, but anyway, it has a resistance of 1.4 across the coil terminal 1 to
15(too high, right?) and there is negligible voltage getting TO the coil with
the key on. There's a good smell of gas at the exhaust, fuel pump buzzes, as
does the hall sender (quietly when the key is on). And is there a right and
wrong way for that lower plug to the coil to go on? It looks like one big
happy terminal down there anyway, and the plug fits both ways. SO what is the
most likely source of low voltage to the coil? ( like .5V)

So where to go from here? I really need patient guidance since I have no clue
what to do. SOmeone said the ICM was a possible candidate, I don't have a
parts car laying around, and would need to travel an hour to the nearest parts
Rocco, and it wouldn't be a 16V either. I obviously don't want to replace
parts at random, and I only have the A2 Bentley to work with at the moment.
But I'd like to get it running for the June Jitterbug on Sunday if possible,
advice is very welcome.

Thanks in advance, tell me what to test and I'll do it. Why do I love this
car? It really is more of a pain than it needs to be.
Cathy